Welcome to Episode 34! This week, Tim and Ruthy chat about a new security flaw at Whatsapp that’s affecting 1 billion users. Make sure you are updating that app, folks! Then, we talk about the 3 main ways you can properly wipe -or destroy- a device’s hard drive before donating, recycling, or selling it. And finally, we chat about a guy who figured out how to get Doom on a MacDonalds’ POS system. Because of course he did.
- New WhatsApp Warning: Security Flaw Confirmed—1 Billion Users Told Update Apps Now
- Just a GIF Image Could Have Hacked Your Android Phone Using WhatsApp
- KillDisk Freeware
- Study shows that majority of second-hand hard drives contain previous owner’s data
- How to Erase a Hard Drive Using DBAN
- Someone got Doom running on a McDonald’s cash register